A Chocolatier, a spartan, and a businessman all walk into a bar.
That’s how all great jokes start isn’t it? With 3 types of people doing something! It’s the rule of 3, which is a staple in humor and joke telling, but when it comes to the rule of 3 in relationships, it’s often overlooked.
Relationships are what makes the world go round. In the service-based business world, we don’t buy from a company, we buy from people. It’s relationships that drive those business buying decisions, and it’s why you need to consider spending time and connecting with all types of people.
I was recently at a networking event and I met some very interesting people.
- I met Josh, who is a DJ and a custom clothier
- I met George who had a startup in the drone world, sold it, now runs a digital marketing agency
- I met Tiffany, a Realtor
- I met Elizabeth, a Financial Advisor
- I met Diane, a custom Jewelry designer and creator
- I met Elizabeth, a Holistic Healthcare Practitioner
- I met James, a mortgage planner
These are just a few folks I met at an event. I’ve met many other folks at events recently as well. While I’m always focused on my allstars, meeting new ones, connecting with existing ones, I still really enjoy meeting all types of other people.why? Because connecting with all types of people increases referrals.
Here’s the full photo…that’s me in the middle incase you didn’t know!